Grant Portal Registration and Log-In Instructions
Returning users log on to the system using your e-mail address and password. Please do not create a second, new user account. There is a system prompt to assist if you need a password reminder.
New users must first register by clicking “Create New Account” on the log-in page. You may wish to bookmark the log-in page.
The Registration Process
The registration process has four sections: (1) Organization information, (2) Your individual user information, (3) Executive officer information, and (4) Choosing your individual user password. The registration process is straightforward; however, in some cases, it may be more complex when certain factors apply:
- Each individual user is linked to a single organization. If you are submitting applications for different organizations, you will need to register separately using a different email address for each organization. For example, you are part-time staff at both Organization A and Organization B. In order to submit an application for both Organizations A and B, you will need to register using one email address for the application from Organization A, and you will need to register using another email address for the application from Organization B.
During the registration process, you cannot save partial information; therefore, you should gather all required information before beginning the registration process. (you will be able to save information during the application process and change information until you submit the application)
Your user account ID is your e-mail address.
Updating Your Registration Information
To update your user information, click on your name at the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile” from the drop-down menu.
To update your organization’s or chief executive officer’s information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Application Page
After you have registered you will be directed to the Application Page. On the left side of the screen you will see “Request” and two options underneath:
- Dashboard – (Application Status Page) This screen is your homepage where you can check the status of your grants. This page will display the form you just completed, the status of the form, and the next form in the process.
- Apply – (Application Page) This screen lists the available grants and is the portal to apply.
Navigating the Online Grant Management System
- Apply for a grant by clicking “Apply” in the menu at the left side of the screen.
- Manage your grant application by clicking “Dashboard” in the menu at the left side of the screen. The Application Status Page provides information regarding the status of open grant applications. From this page, you can download completed application forms and see the status of an application form you have If you have saved but not submitted an application form, you must access the form on this page to complete and submit the form.
- Manage your awarded grants by clicking “Dashboard” in the menu at the left side of the screen. The Application Status Page provides information regarding awarded grants. From this page, you can see whether or not a grant has been awarded and to complete the required follow-up forms for awarded grants. The term “follow-up” describes an upcoming or pending event such as an agreement or report that is due.
- The character counter includes spaces as well as characters. You may save entries that exceed the character limit, but you will not be able to submit your application until the character count is within the limit.
- A user will be automatically logged out of the online system after 90 minutes of inactivity. The user will receive a warning message at 80 minutes of the pending time out. Working on a form without saving does not count as activity.
- Please remember to regularly save your work. The system will auto save every 20 minutes.
- You may choose to prepare your response in a document outside of the online system (e.g. Microsoft Word) and then copy and paste the text into the online form. If you prepare your application in this way, be sure to keep track of character limits. As noted above, character limits include spaces and characters. We recommend that you do not use formatting tools, as available in Microsoft Word, because the formatting will likely not transfer to the response area when pasted into the online system.
- If you do not provide an answer for one of the required questions, you will not be able to submit your application.
- Remember to click “Submit Form” when you are finished. Saving is not the same as submitting. You will receive an email confirmation when your application is successfully submitted.
- It is advisable to download copies of all submitted forms to your computer.
- Once your application has been submitted it is no longer available for editing. If you need to make a correction to a submitted form, contact SJCHF at email@example.com.